Friday, September 23, 2005

Baseball and two old friends

Two 90-year-old men, Moe and Sam, have been friends all their lives.

>It seems that Sam is dying of cancer, and Moe comes to visit him every

>day.

>

>"Sam," says Moe, "You know how we have both loved baseball all our

>lives, and how we played minor league ball together for so many years.

>Sam, you have to do me one favor. When you get to Heaven, and I know

>you will go to Heaven, somehow you've got to let me know if there's

>baseball in Heaven."

>

>Sam looks up at Moe from his death bed, and says, "Moe, you've been my

>best friend many years. This favor, if it is at all possible, I'll do

>for you."

>

>And shortly after that, Sam passes on.

>

>It is midnight a couple of nights later. Moe is sound asleep when he

>is awakened by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calls out to

>him,"Moe....Moe...."

>

>"Who is it?" says Moe sitting up suddenly. "Who is it?"

>

>"Moe, it's me, Sam,"says the voice.

>

>"Come on. You're not Sam. Sam just died."

>

>"I'm telling you," insists the voice. "It's me, Sam!"

>

>"Sam? Is that you? Where are you?"

>

>I'm in heaven," says Sam, "and I've got to tell you, I've got really

>good news and a little bad news."

>

>"So, tell me the good news first,"says Moe.

>

>"The good news," says Sam, "is that there is baseball in heaven.

>Better yet, all our old buddies who've gone before us are there.

>Better yet, we're all young men again. Better yet, it's always spring

>time and it never rains

>or snows. And best of all, we can play baseball all we want, and we never

>get tired!"

>

>"Really?" says Moe. "That is fantastic, wonderful beyond my wildest

>dreams!

>But, what's the bad news?"

>

>"You're pitching next Tuesday."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home